Irodov problems are considered the most complex and comprehensive set of problems in terms of concept testing the world over. In fact, some problems combine multiple concepts of physics, which makes these problems unique.
Solutions to IRODOV’S problems in General Physics, available in two volumes, are meant for those dedicated physics students who face the challenge of solving numerical problems, particularly IIT-JEE aspirants. The two volumes provide the complete solutions for each of the 1878 problems in I.E. IRODOV’s problems in General Physics.
The solutions presented in this book are crisp, and guaranteed to make you think beyond the box. This book is exactly what you need to establish a strong foundation for discovering the beauty of physics and cracking any entrance exam in India.
This volume contains solutions related to the following topics:
- Physical Fundamentals of Mechanics
- Thermodynamics and Molecular Physics
- PART ONE Physical Fundamentals of Mechanics
- 1.1 Kinematics
- 1.2 The Fundamental Equation of Dynamics
- 1.3 Laws of Conservation of Energy, Momentum and Angular Momentum
- 1.4 Universal Gravitation
- 1.5 Dynamics of a Solid Body
- 1.6 Elastic Deformation of a Solid Body
- 1.7 Hydrodynamics
- 1.8 Relativistic Mechanics
- PART TWO Thermodynamics and Molecular Physics
- 2.1 Equations of the Gas State Processes
- 2.2 The First Law of Thermodynamics. Heat Capacity
- 2.3 Kinetic Theory of Gases. Boltzmann’s Law and Maxwell’s Distribution
- 2.4 The Second Law of Thermodynamics. Entropy
- 2.5 Liquids. Capillary Effects
- 2.6 Phase Transformations
- 2.7 Transport Phenomena
- PART THREE Electrodynamics
- 3.1 Constant Electric Field in Vacuum
- 3.2 Conductors and Dielectrics in an Electric Field
- 3.3 Electric Capacitance. Energy of an Electric Field
- 3.4 Electric Current
- 3.5 Constant Magnetic Field. Magnetics
- 3.6 Electromagnetic Induction. Maxwell’s Equations
- 3.7 Motion of Charged Particles in Electric and Magnetic Fields
|Author||Abhay Kumar Singh|
Abhay Kumar Singh is the Founder / Director of Abhay’s IIT Physics Teaching Centre, Patna, and has had a teaching career spanning nearly two decades. His specialty is physics concepts and problem-solving, which are the two most essential parts of preparation for an IIT-JEE aspirant.
With this edition, the author has tried to fulfill the requirements of the aspirants, while keeping in mind the latest trends and patterns of competitive examinations.
|Publication Date||May 2010|